- Top Fic
- Random Fic
- Contact Us
|Anime [558, 22 Oct]||Anita Blake [650, 4 Aug]||BtVS/AtS Non-Crossover [1737, 23 Oct]|
|Cartoons [359, 22 Oct]||Charmed [269, 12 Oct]||Comics [154, 24 Oct]|
|CSI [191, 7 Jul]||DC Universe [578, 23 Oct]||Dr. Who/Torchwood [604, 23 Oct]|
|Firefly [352, 18 Sep]||Games [503, 20 Oct]||Harry Potter [2892, 22 Oct]|
|Highlander [417, 18 Oct]||Literature [1041, 24 Oct]||Lord of the Rings [437, 19 Oct]|
|Marvel Universe [854, 20 Oct]||Miscellaneous [270, 22 Oct]||Movies [1439, 17 Oct]|
|Multiple Crossings [1862, 24 Oct]||NCIS [309, 1 Oct]||Smallville [258, 22 Aug]|
|Star Trek [240, 20 Oct]||Star Wars [296, 15 Oct]||Stargate [1647, 22 Oct]|
|Supernatural [1536, 23 Oct]||Television [3129, 23 Oct]||Twilight [159, 20 Apr]|
Twisting the Hellmouth - Latest News
Just a friendly reminder that if TtH doesn't archive stories that cross with certain author's work, because said author has strictly forbidden it, please do not request challenges that cross with these fandoms. Challenges violating this rule will be deleted.
Game of Thrones falls under this umbrella. It might be a television show on HBO, but George R.R. Martin wrote it first and he doesn't approve of fanfiction. He's on that handy list provided in the Rules Section (reference Rule 3).
Below are the list of rules for posting challenges to TtH. They appear every time you click on the 'Add Challenge' button. Please read them before posting a challenge.
Rules for Challenges
1. This is a crossover site. Therefore, you must challenge respondents to write a crossover story between Buffy/Angel and some other fandom. Crossing Buffy with Angel does not count. Challenges purely for one fandom are not accepted here, but may be posted on our forums.
2. All challenges should have a proper title, just like stories. "Buffy/Stargate Challenge!" is not a proper title - make sure it's got a name that will make people a) stop and actually read it, and b) remember it so they can find it again to post a response.
3. We require the same standard of spelling and grammar for challenges that we do for stories. If you can't even manage to spell the names of characters right, the challenge will disappear rather quickly. Hint: press the "Check Spelling" button.
4. Challenges that just ask for a specific crossover, Halloween costume, reincarnation, real parent, or pairing with no other details are not permitted.
5. Read the rules for posting stories. Challenges to write stories that would not comply with these rules (e.g. A real-person fic) will be removed.
6. A good challenge should include a specific scenario / "plot bunny" but not completely prescribe the entire plot of the resulting story. Ask yourself whether it would be possible to write 2 stories with different plots both of which satisfy the challenge?
7. You may post length requirements, but be honest with yourself. If you're asking for a 50,000+ word story, you're not going to get it. Most of the people who respond to challenges are authors with regular stories, who aren't going to put off all their projects to do your story.
For those of you who are new to Twisting the Hellmouth every year a LiveJournal community that is affiliated with TtH, TwistedShorts, hosts a short story challenge. The challenge is to write 31 short stories (300 to 3,000 words in length) in 31 days. One story to be posted each day of the month.
Every year in the month of August most of the LiveJournal members cross post to TtH and that tends to overrun the Latest Page. The moderating team is contemplating implementing a rule in an attempt to curb that influx.
If a TtH member is participating in the Fic-A-Day challenge then all stories posted to TtH must be posted as a ficlet collection rather than as 31 standalone stories. The only exception to this rule would be if a writer is adding to an existing series.
If you would have an objection to this rule being implemented, or support it, now is the time to voice that opinion. Please see the comments link located below to join in the discussion.
It’s almost that time of year again. The International Day of Femslash is July 19th and this year we have a site challenge to coincide with this joyous occasion.
Stories for this challenge should be posted on July 19th, 2014, your local time.
The “2014 International Day of Femslash Crossover First Meeting Challenge” can be located here.
If you have any questions, or just wish to chat about it all day, the forum discussion can be located here.
Have you changed your primary email address since you signed up for an account? If so, please review your account settings and check we have the correct address - if in future, you forget your login name or password, you won't be able to regain access to your account unless the email address is still working.
Posted 13 May 13 • jrabbit
If you're on the hunt for our annual stunt,
Thursday this week, is the day that you seek.
Not a rhyme-lover? I suggest you take cover,
for thick and fast will verses fly past.
So arouse your muse and write rhyming reviews!
Posted 11 Mar 13 • jrabbit
A few years back we had the rather popular To Boldly Go challenge, where we asked you to write in a fandom where no-one had written before.
This time around, we're going to narrow the field a little, and your challenge is to write a fic that crosses over with one of the IMDb Top 250 Movies of all time, but one with which we don't already have a crossover fic posted to the site.
Add your responses to the challenge
Posted 21 Sep 12 • jrabbit
Once again it's almost that time.
The annual August Fic-A-Day Challenge over at Twisted Shorts is about to start.
1. Write one fic per day during August. Stories must be complete and stand alone, but series are more than welcome, and they should be BtVS/Angel Crossovers of any rating with any fandom, minimum 300 words, maximum 3000 words.
2. Entries must be posted in the Twisted Shorts Livejournal to be counted.
3. Post more than one a day if you want, but only one fic per 24 hours counts toward the challenge. Backdating fics are not allowed for getting a fic to count within a 24 hour period.
4. There's no 'miss a day and you're out'. If you can't post one day that doesn't mean you're out of the running. Keep posting when you get a chance.
5. Winners will be decided by who has posted on the most days during the month. I.E. If Author A posts 28 fics on 28 days, Author B posts 31 fics on 31 days, and Author C posts 35 fics on 25 days, then Author B wins.
6. Regular posting rules apply: proper header, fic behind cut, adult rated fic comm-locked, disclaimer, etc.
Remember to have fun and don’t forget to check out the suggestions post on TwistedShorts to make posting easier for readers and writers.
Posted 23 Jul 12 • Ava
A challenge from ephiny
After the battle with the First, the gang goes to London to rebuild the Watcher's Council and train the new slayers. Dumbledore invites the slayers to help in the fight with Voldermort. There are six slayers attending Hogwarts, and they have to discover who they are. Plus, Tonks is a Slayer. The veil in the Dept. of Mysteries is a dimensional gateway, and harry asks dawn and Willow if they can help him find Sirius.
Anya, Spike, and Tara are all alive. Willow still went bad even though Tara didn't die.
Story is post-7 of Buffy and post-OOTP Harry Potter.
Harry Potter • Responses  • Date Added [25 May 07]
Draco gets a little inebriated for his 30th birthday and stumbles into a relationship that will redefine him over the next year.
When Xander admits to Cordelia that he might be “that way,” she vows to make him the Best Gay Ever! Oh, and use it to take over complete control of the school, of course. This story contains m/m slash.
Sometimes even seasoned veterans get tired, completely fed up with the world around them. When that happens... all you can pray for is to survive.
After finding a young man at death's door, Tony DiNozzo, Jethro Gibbs & Abby Sciuto must protect him from a world they never knew existed. warnings: pre-polyslash, d/s (no sex/smut) Gibbs/Tony + Xan, Angel/Spike. read header in Ch1 for full summary
The L.A. FBI office encounters a string of serial mutilations and murders, so they call in the BAU. But the nature of the case results in a special consultant getting added to the investigation. Rating subject to extreme increase. No overt slash yet.
Some souls no matter how good can only be pushed so far.
The Valar rewards Xander a second life, as an elfling in Middle Earth.
A visually impaired construction worker and a cute FBI Agent meet at a baseball game, a match made in LA ensues. But when that same construction worker shows up at the FBI offices, things get interesting. SLASH
Information & Related Sites
TtH Information Pages:• Site Rules
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Beta Readers Wanted
• Resources for Authors
• Site Statistics
• RSS Feeds & Syndication
• Customising the Site
• List of donors
Related Sites:• TtH Forums
• Crossing Over Awards
• TtH Community Live Journal
• TtH Drabbles Live Journal
• Twisted Shorts Live Journal