Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from Ember
This story was a pleasant surprise to me as I really detest the show glee but this story almost made me want to go and watch it. Very interesting and I have to say I love it, my favorite thing in a story is character interaction and you do a really good job with that here.
Review By [Ember
] • Date [13 Oct 13] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from calikocat
Review By [calikocat
] • Date [15 Apr 13] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Bust a Move" from kalahari
This comment is only about the house "Lima Lighthouse":
This house looks an expensive showpiece, and very impractical for the climate in North Ohio, which is serious continental, and I assume has a hard freezing season during the winter.
- the ground floor looks like it belongs to a house build in California, or anywhere else without a serious freezing season.
- having the washing machine in a room attached to the garage will give you frozen water lines in winter, and might result in frozen washing machines.
with American style washing machines, you will also want them next to your central-heating boiler.
- having only one door between the kitchen and the garage gives you nasty fumes in the kitchen during the colder seasons.
o this could be improved by pulling the laundry room into the main body of the house, next to the kitchen, so that the entry way would be: garage, laundry room. kitchen.
- the outer walls are to thin for sufficient isolation. They should at least be double as thick as the garage walls.
- a lot of the interior of the ground floor is one large room. That is a modern style, but is impractical with the amount of people in the house.
- a second on the ground floor would be helpful.
- there is no storage space for jackets and shoes next to the entrance (or is the front porch just for show, and the real entrance is through the garage?)
- why is there a second staircase into the basement, next to the sunroom?
- where is the chimney for the central heating?
- if you want to have an open fireplace, where is the chimney for that open fireplace?
- which walls are load bearing? (these need to be upon each other. With your drawing only the staircase walls and a small part of the outer wall can be load bearing. The tower has to balance very preciously on the inner wall of the front porch.)
- the bathrooms in the second floor are very expensive and impractical.
- the Erin / Clare and the Brooke / Shayla bathrooms are ok, but I would put a second sink into each of them.
- the Z / Miriam bathroom is above the front porch. The sewer arrangement there is very interesting to build, prone to clog and back up, and prone to freeze during winter.
- the Spike + Xander bathrooms are above the sun room. Again the sewer arrangement there is interesting. Think: shit happens during a research session in the sun room :-) Literally :-))
- the Rona / Suna and the Dawn / Vi bathrooms can be done, but sewer and fresh water lines are still prone to freezing.
- is there any reason all your bathrooms have a bath tub?
If I were to design the bathrooms, I would:
- only put showers in each bath room, but build one large extra bath room with a tub, and maybe a sauna.
- put two sinks in shared bath rooms.
- check if bath rooms can be shared by more than two persons. If not, why not.
- put all bath rooms in one or two stacks above each other, and next to each other to be able to handle the plumbing without to much problems.
One way to do that, would be to put the laundry room between the kitchen and the dining room. Put a second, maybe larger bathroom between the library and the wait office. On the second floor put all bath rooms in two groups above the laundry room and the ground floor bath rooms. On the third floor put the bath rooms above the bath rooms in the second floor. Put the boiler room below the laundry room, or below the kitchen.
Build one of the rooms in the second floor above the front porch, build one of the rooms in the third floor above this room. The side walls of these two rooms are load bearing for the front half of the tower. The back half of the tower is carried by the walls of the staircase.
If you do it right, these two rooms can have the best sound insulation in the building.
- most of your rooms have the door in the edge. It is usually preferable to have the door at least 40cm away from the edge, to be able use the wall space there.
Regards, and good luck with the story.
Review By [kalahari
] • Date [1 Jan 13] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from ambe
I like this. Hope you'll continue someday.
Review By [ambe
] • Date [18 Oct 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from Addlcove
Hoping your muse will give you more for this soon.
Review By [Addlcove
] • Date [9 Sep 12] • Rating [8 out of 10]
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from Sunrunner
I love "Shaken, Not Stirred" and completely fell in love with this when it began. I hope that you're able to update soon.
Review By [Sunrunner
] • Date [28 Aug 12] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from jujukittychick
lol it's attack of the buffys... and cordys... sorta lol. the boys better be careful or the girls are definitely going to put them in their places lol keep up the good work :)
Review By [jujukittychick
] • Date [23 Aug 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from LindsayR
I really like this story and though it's supposed to be a revised "Shaken, Not Stirred" I really think it reads like a completely different story. I still love the new plot and characters but so hope that your writers block as far as Shaken goes lets up because I liked the format of that story with each chapter from a different character's pov. I do have to ask...Puck's my fave character is he going to get more a part of the story and who might he be paired up with? Also, yay to Finn not being a good guy! Great job!
Review By [LindsayR
] • Date [17 Jun 12] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from HebiR
Wait, Puck's visited, and he still does not know who can can Vi "Little Red"? Also, I am curious about, and am hoping the next chapter will clarify, what the...*cough*...'nightlife' is like in Lima. Besides the kids and their guardians must be doing some kind of training.
Also, I know you have other things you probably want to do this summer, and I want you to have a wonderful one, but I admit to feelings of, well, glee, that classes will not be taking up your writing time.
Review By [HebiR
] • Date [30 May 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from WinterRayne
Thanks for the update. Lovin this fic!!
Review By [WinterRayne
] • Date [26 May 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from DavidBMorris
First, thanks for the shoutout on the reccomend, and thanks for doing.
Congrats on the Bachelor's degree to, btw. I know how difficult that particular piece of paper is to gets on the wall.
And good to see that this story is being updated. I'd make some noise about updating the three or four other stories, but I know as well as anybody that one can only write as the muse commands. However, I'm going to finish posting the last update of the Buffy/HP crossover with an ETA as to when the sequel will come out. Maybe you could do something similar. Hey, more stories you write easier it'll be for me to add to my reccommendations.
Keep up the good work.
Review By [DavidBMorris
] • Date [24 May 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from RevDorothyL
Delighted to see a new chapter of this, and the lunch-table dynamics were particularly enjoyable.
Review By [RevDorothyL
] • Date [18 May 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from InDrk
Finally, I've been waiting forever! Just kidding, I know how it is. I've had school kicking my ass too. It was good, though it was pretty short. You seem to be averaging slightly more than 2000 words per chapter. This is just me, but I do try to get at least 3000 words for each chapter. The quality of the writing is, of course, far more important than chapter length, but longer chapters would be very nice. Not everyone writes the same, though, and I understand if you prefer shorter chapters.
Thanks for one of the few decent Glee/Buffy crossovers on tth,
Review By [InDrk
] • Date [18 May 12] • Not Rated
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from LilyMartin
Congratulations on the degree! Totally understand the month off. :-) I hope graduation brings with it a wonderful journey.
This chapter was wonderful as always. Looking forward to more.
Review By [LilyMartin
] • Date [13 May 12] • Rating [10 out of 10]
Review of chapter "Hate On Me" from liferscove
Review By [liferscove
] • Date [13 May 12] • Not Rated